Thursday, December 8

The Importance of High Risk Work Licences and Courses

Many people believe that having no license means that they can’t apply for jobs with Host. However, this couldn’t be farther from the truth! Even if you have no license in high risk work, you can still apply and complete training at Host to get your High Risk Work Licence. This will allow you to do dangerous work, such as scaffolding, abseiling and high voltage work, safely and effectively! Our specialized courses will teach you everything you need to know about getting started with this type of dangerous job, so make sure you take advantage of them when the time comes!

What are high risk work licences and courses?

High risk work licences are valid for ten years, granting their holders the right to conduct activities such as mining and construction without supervision.

Housing hosts in Ontario are also required to take certain training courses before they can list their home. The content is specific to safety awareness and compliance with the Tenant Protection Act (TPA) of 1998. There are three types of high risk work training: WHMIS Training, Fire Marshal’s Introduction to Residential Tenancies course, or Rental Law with Respect for Tenants course. Hostsafetytraining offers all three courses on its website at a cost of $15 per course.

For more information about these important topics visit

Why are they important?

One important thing to remember about hostsafetytraining is that the HOST Safety, Training – High Risk Work Licences & Courses is a way for you to make sure that you are taking the necessary precautions to protect your guests. If you don’t have the necessary training or certification, then your chances of getting sued increase.

Furthermore, these courses will often cover topics such as: what hazards might exist in this environment; where they are likely to be found; how they could affect your safety; what steps should be taken to mitigate their effect on you.

There are many reasons why these courses can be beneficial, so if you’re looking into starting a new business it’s best to invest in them early on.

What are the benefits of having a high risk work licence or taking a course?

HOST Safety, Training – High Risk Work Licences & Courses offers a variety of courses and licences to help you navigate your profession. We offer:

– Occupational First Aid Provider (OFA) Course;

– Basic Loss Control course;

– Fire Safety Supervisor Course;

– Working at Heights course;

– Confined Space Entry course. These courses are designed to give you the skills to work in high risk environments. With these skills, you’ll have peace of mind that you can perform your job confidently. Plus, with a high risk work licence or training, employers will be more inclined to hire you if they know that you have the necessary knowledge to stay safe at work.

Who needs a high risk work licence or to take a course?

There are a few high risk work licences that you can take, depending on the industry you want to work in. The first step is to get your HOST Safety Training certificate by enrolling in one of the courses offered through our site. Once you’ve completed the course, all you need to do is apply for your licence through Alberta’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) website. Follow the instructions on the CPD site carefully and make sure all your documents are ready before filling out an application as it can take up to six months for approval.

After starting with a HOST Safety Training course, there are many more available if you’re interested in pursuing other industries such as crane operator training or nuclear power worker training.

How do I get a high risk work licence or take a course?

You can find out more about the HOST Safety Training Program, including how to get a high risk work licence or take a course, on the HOST website.

To get your high risk work licence from us, you’ll need to:

1) Attend our training seminar with an employment specialist.

2) Complete our online test.

3) Fill out an application for a high risk work licence with information about your past criminal convictions (if applicable).

4) Attach two recent ID photos.

5) Attach two pieces of mail that proves your current address.

We’ll send you a confirmation email when we receive all these documents and process them so that you can start working in one of the jobs listed above.