Errors are inevitable in software applications. And Microsoft outlook is not an exception. Although it is designed carefully and professionally to offer seamless, stress free email management services, often, errors such as [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2], [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426], [pii_email_cbd448bbd34c985e423c], among others occur. The errors may significantly interfere with the software’s suitability, causing unnecessary delays. Thus, it is essential to know what they are, what causes these errors, and how to fix them when they occur. On that note, this article will discuss everything you need to know about MS Outlook [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] error, more importantly, how to solve the error.
Let’s get started.
What is [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] Error Code?
[pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] is a code that represents a fault in MS Outlook software, mainly errors in Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server and authentication problems. As such, error [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] can be defined as a fault in the Microsoft Outlook software.
It is one of the common errors that occur when the software is not working smoothly, as expected. The error may also happen due to sudden unexpected malfunction or dysfunction of some MS Outlook software features. Essentially, your device displays the code when performing a particular task, mainly when sending an email. It appears to notify you that the software ran into some unexpected issues, and therefore your command cannot complete.
Typically, dozens of factors can lead to this error. However, there are several factors that are most likely to cause error code [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2]. Here are some of such factors.
Most Common Causes of MS Outlook Error Code [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2]:
- MS Outlook Installation Issues
- Use of Outdated Version of MS Outlook
- Using Multiple Accounts
- Interferences by Other Software Applications
- MS Outlook Incompatibility with the Current Operating System
- Cookies and Cache
How to Fix Outlook [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] Error:
Notably, error [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] is not complicated as it may seem. However, it may affect your work significantly. Thus, knowing how to fix it is essential. Interestingly, solving the error is quite easy and fast.
While various factors may cause the error (the name above), determining the actual cause can be challenging. Thus, there is no specific fixture for this error. Instead, there are multiple fixing methods, which depend on the basis. And understanding them is essential. The following section discusses, in detail, the causes and most effective methods of the issue.
MS Outlook Installation Issues:
Notably, software installation is a complex and critical process.
- Transfer of codes and application files from the downloaded folder to your device directory and,
- Configuration of the transferred files.
A mistake may occur during this process, resulting in a corrupted software application. Typically, the corruption may interfere with the standard functionality of your MS Outlook software, which may lead to errors. Essentially, uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook is the only way to fix the error. Notably, it is recommendable to reinstall the complete Microsoft Office package to correct all mistakes, including bugs in Outlook.
Here is how to go about it.
How Uninstalling the Outlook from Your Device:
- Click on Start > Control panel > Programs and Features. You can also use the search feature on your computer to easily access the installed programs; type Add Remove Programs in the search bar, then press Enter key.
- Locate and right-click on the Microsoft Office application, then click on the Uninstall button.
Reinstalling MS Outlook
- Go to the official MS Office official website and log in to our account.
- Select Install Office on the MS Office website homepage.
- Select Install or Install Office, depending on your preferred version,
- Wait for the download to complete, and then follow the installation instructions.
Use of Outdated Version of MS Outlook:
Notably, software developers update their applications regularly. Microsoft is not an exception. It updates all its software applications frequently, primarily to better them and fix any existing bug, to make the apps more reliable. Usually, when software is updated, the concerned developers stop supporting the older versions, meaning that the versions are prone to such errors as ms outlook error code [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2]. Here, you have to update your Outlook app to solve the error.
Interestingly, the app, MS Outlook, installs its updates automatically by default. However, the automatic updates settings must be enabled for the software to update automatically. Hence, when the Outlook error pii_ occurs, it is essential to check the update settings before trying more complex fixing methods: Ensure the settings are enabled. Alternatively, you can update your software manually by uninstalling the outdated software application and installing an updated version. Still, you can check for and apply the updates manually. To do so, follow the following steps.
How to Update MS Outlook Application Manually:
- Open the Outlook app and head on to the Files menu.
- Next, locate and click on the Office Account menu.
- Click on the Update now button. Alternatively, click on Enable updates menu if you can’t locate the Update Now menu.
To enable automatic Outlook update, follow the above steps but click on Enable updates menu.
Using Multiple Accounts:
Using multiple accounts on the same ms outlook software may also lead to error code [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2]. Although the software is designed to multiple-task, different accounts on the same application may conflict, causing such an error. In such cases, all you have to do is log out of all accounts, then log in to the primary account – the account you want to use.
Interferences by Other Software Applications:
Although various devices are designed to run multiple programs concurrently, different applications may interfere with other software’s smooth functionality causing errors. Such applications that are likely to cause errors in your Outlook include Windows defenders and antivirus programs.
Also, if one or more applications in your device are running poorly, they may substantially affect the other software performance, leading to runtime errors. Moreover, the Outlook Add-ins could also be a viable cause of you receiving ms outlook pii_email errors. Here, there are two effective methods for fixing the error. They include:
- Disabling the Windows Defender or Your Antivirus:
To disable the Windows defender, click on the Start button on your pc > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings. Next, turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
Ensure to enable the defender later after accomplishing your tasks with Outlook.
- Start Outlook In Safe-Mode:
Starting the Outlook in safe mode turns all add-ins off, bypassing all issues that may arise due to the add-ins, including the pii_email errors. To start, right-click the Start button, then select Run. Next, enter Outlook.exe /safe, and press the Enter key. If the error does not occur, uninstall and reinstall the add-ins.
MS Outlook Incompatibility with the Current Operating System:
Incompatibility issues are also typical and viable causes of various MS Outlook errors including code [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] error. Typically, different software applications have varied requirements. Your device must meet all these requirements for software to run effectively. Notably, updates on an application can lead to incompatibility issues. This means that although the application is installed successfully, you will probably be receiving frequent errors as you use the application.
Essentially, there are two effective methods of fixing the error resulting from incompatibility issues. They include changing the current Windows version and reverting MS Outlook software updates. As noted earlier, Microsoft releases new updates frequently. And the updates may affect the Outlook compatibility with the current version of your operating system. As such, upgrading or downgrading your windows can fix the error. Alternatively, you may choose to revert and perhaps disable automatic updates.
Accumulation of or Availability of Obsolete Cookies and Cache:
Cookies are unique identifiers different web servers send to your device browsers to help the servers remember your device every time you visit the concerned website. On the other hand, caches are temporary data files that help boost the websites, browsers, or apps loading speed.
Typically, the accumulation of cookies and caches from different servers may lead to various errors in your software. Also, obsolete cookies and cached files may cause errors such as ms outlook [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] on an updated program. Here, clearing the cookies and deleting the cached files is the best method to fix the error.
Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies:
Essentially, clearing the cookies and caches means removing all MS Outlook identifiers and related data from your device. Unfortunately, you will have to re-enter credentials to sign in to your account again, as deleting the cookies logs out from all accounts. Also, your mail servers will need to resend cookies and caches. Interestingly, by default, your device downloads the files automatically.
To clear the cookies and cached files, follow the following steps. Note that the instructions on this guide are applicable on MS Outlook 2010 and above only.
How to Clear Cached Files from MS Outlook:
- Close the MS Outlook program. Ensure to save your work before closing the program.
- On the search bar on your computer’s home screen, enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook, then press the Enter. Alternatively, press the keys, Windows key+R (to access the search tool), then enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook and press Enter. This will open the Outlook folder containing the cached files.
- Delete the cache file. To delete, select the folder, press the Delete key, then select Yes onthe prompt that appears. Alternatively, open the folder and select the cached files manually and delete them.
- Clear the outlook auto-complete caches or turn off auto-complete caches.
How Clear the Outlook Auto-Complete Cache:
- Start the Outlook program, head to the File menu, and select the Options tab.
- Select the Mail tab on the outlook options dialog box.
- Under the “Send Messages” section, locate and click the Empty Auto-Complete List. Next, click on the Yes button on the dialogue box that appears. That’s it.
If you wish to disable auto-complete functionality, uncheck the Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines box. It is also under the Send Messages section.
Now close your program and restart it. If you use the web version of Outlook, follow the following steps to clear caches and cookies from your browser.
How to Clear Cookies and Caches in Microsoft Edge Web Browser:
- Open your internet explorer (Microsoft Edge)
- Select the menu tab (the three dots icon on the top-right corner of the browser)
- Locate and click the Settings button
- Select the Privacy, Search, and Services menu on the left panel of the Settings window.
- Locate and click the Choose what to clear button under the Clear browsing data section.
- Under Time Range, click on the drop-down menu and select the time frame for the history you wish to clear.
- Next, check the boxes labeled Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data, then click on the Clear now button.
That’s all. Up to this point, the MS Outlook pii_ error should be solved.
If not yet, the cause might not be the accumulation or availability of obsolete cookies and cache files. Therefore, you should try fixing it using other methods.
Other effective methods include:
- Use the Web Version:
If you experience the error [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] when using the MS Outlook software, switching to the web version could bypass the error. Essentially, using the web version will enable you to avoid the error if it results from all technical issues in the MS Outlook software, including compatibility and conflict with other apps and add-ins. Go to the outlook website (www.outlook.com) and sign in to your account To use the web app.
- Contact the Customer Support:
Contacting customer support can also save you big time. Luckily, Microsoft has a top-quality, highly responsive customer support team that is always available 24/7 and ready to assist in any issue.
Various factors can lead to your device displaying error code [pii_email_ed0a25716803e5b42cc2] when performing particular tasks. Notably, it is essential to note the probable causes and understand how to solve them. Here, we have discussed the primary factors and ways to fix the error if each element is the cause. Alternatively, you can consider running the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool to troubleshoot the error. Essentially, the tool diagnoses your outlook software, defines the issues, and suggests how to fix them.