Juvederm is one of the latest facial fillers that help the skin regain its former shine and luster. This FDA-approved injectable helps get rid of signs of aging, like wrinkles, facial folds, and nasolabial folds (the creases that run from your nose’s bottom to the corners of your mouth). Being a non-surgical procedure, it is opted for by thousands of people every day.
If you also want to get rid of your facial signs of aging, you can easily opt for Juvederm Dermal Fillers in Charlotte NC, and other NC cities like Cornelius, Charlotte, Huntersville, and Mooresville. However, you need to know all the things related to it before going for a consultation. This will help you understand things better.
Visit a Qualified Maxillofacial Surgeon:
Since Juvederm Dermal Fillers will need to be injected into your skin, you cannot take chances with it. Everyone has different ways of aging and the filler needs to be used in a suitable amount to take effect without any side-effect. So, always consult a qualified and experienced maxillofacial surgeon, like Richard Rolle DDS of Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery.
- If you have had facial cold sores in the past, then the injection can add to it. Talk to your surgeon about it.
- Breastfeeding and pregnant women are advised to not go for it.
- Your surgeon will tell you about the ingredients of your Juvederm Dermal Fillers. If you are allergic to them, don’t go for it.
- Do not buy over-the-counter painkillers before the treatment without consulting your surgeon.
- If you have been using pain relievers presently, you need to stop using them at least a week before the day of treatment. Blood-thinning drugs like aspirin, Aleve, and ibuprofen (Motrin and Advil) can add to the chances of bruising, bleeding, and other issues during and after the procedure.
- Do not apply any kind of product on the area of the face which will receive the injection. Don’t bleach, wax or tweeze either.
- Alcohol intake should be stopped at least 48 to 72 hours before the procedure. Alcohol too has a blood-thinning effect and can cause inflammation and bruising. Drinking is also not suggested for a day or two after the procedure.
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions about skincare and medications after having your Juvederm Dermal Fillers Charlotte NC.
- Your surgeon may advise you to apply ice packs on the area throughout the day of the procedure. It is not always the case so ask.
- Avoid working out at least for a few days after your procedure. It is not that you will hurt yourself but the increase in blood flow might nudge the fillers out of their injected place.
- Do not massage or rub the area. This might move the fillers out of place too. At least 24 hours should be given to it before applying any kind of pressure.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 24 to 48 hours. Your skin will be sensitive and sunburn can cause damage to it.
- Avoid any kind of makeup for at least the first 24 hours post your Chemical Peel Treatments or dermal filler treatment. This applies to any kind of facial skin treatment. The same is the case with sunlight.
- Stay hydrated. Fillers respond better to a hydrated body. You will also feel better overall.
Renowned surgeons like Richard Rolle DDS at Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery are highly experienced in Juvederm dermal fillers and other oral and maxillofacial procedures and surgeries. So, if you are planning to opt for dermal fillers in Charlotte NC, look no further. So book your consultation today and get back your young flawless younger-looking skin.