Online marketing includes all the digital means of communication (website, e-mail, social networks, videos etc.) that the activities use to attract and retain the attention of online users.
While traditional marketing strategies focus on attracting people’s attention and interest using TV or radio, online marketing strategies use digital interfaces to reach their audience.
With the progressive affirmation of social networks, online marketing has become very interactive. Marketing with current customers, potential customers and other companies in the same sector has transformed one-way communication into multidimensional communication, where consumers also help in the production of the content of online brands.
The different components that complete web marketing and the different tactics used to stimulate customer-brand interaction are topics that could fill the pages of many books. However, there are basic principles that support the different practices aimed at building the foundations of a good online marketing strategy.
Here are some tips on how to best use these principles and increase customer interaction; indispensable elements that serve to build the image of your business.
1. Engaging content
If there is something to remember before creating or modifying a content marketing strategy, this is: the needs of the business must coincide with those of your target. When you develop a website or create social profiles, you are creating valuable content for both consumers and the major influencers in the sector.
Create a marketing strategy capable of serving any other means of communication to induce consumers to always return to your site, to reinforce the image and message of their brand.
Here are some other useful tips:
-If you have not already done so, now is the time to create a good content marketing strategy to identify the needs and expectations of your target audience, set the objectives to be achieved and the means to measure their success.
– Share content on every online platform. In this way, you can reach more users.
– Create at least two articles per week. You can post these articles on the blog or in the section dedicated to useful and necessary information for users. WordPress, Medium and Tumblr are just some of the options available to small and medium-sized businesses.
– Landing page. Make sure to create eye-catching landing pages for each campaign to attract and redirect users to the site.
– Monitor customer reviews and feedback. Pay attention to customer reviews and feedback so that you can use them as a reference for future articles. For example, a series of articles can be written to answer customers’ most frequently asked questions.
If online content is the “king”, then some SEO experts may argue that the taxonomy of the site is the “queen”. Taxonomy is the science that deals generically with the ways of classification, in this case, it deals with the categorization and organization of content. These elements are not simple categories, subcategories or tags that are used for the organization of the site; the taxonomy also includes the structure of the site URLs, the navigation menu and the breadcrumb.
Make sure that aside from valuable content, the site is also user-friendly and easy to navigate. Also, the site design must be mobile-friendly and function properly on any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet).
Even when it comes to SEO, content is always the “king”. One of the best ways to have a site relevant to search engines is by posting high quality and relevant content. In other words: avoid the excessive use of keywords and create content that can attract users’ attention to the point of sharing them with their friends online.
Since the position of the site on the SERPs of Bingo, Google, Yahoo etc. is one of the main means by which customers can find your site, you must also increase the importance and relevance of the content offered and consequently also improve the position in the SERPs.
In other words, this means:
– Improve the visibility of relevant content by posting it on the initial part of the site. In this way, users can view the best content first, instead of clicking several pages until they go back without having found anything of value.
– Optimize site images via the Alt tag.
– Add descriptive anchor text that takes users to other pages or sections of the site. The micro text that you use to describe these links should aim to increase the conversion rate.
– Meta descriptions are also very important and necessary to make a brief representation of what visitors can expect by clicking on the page.
-Don’t forget to create an account on Google My Business to appear also on Google Maps. This is very important especially if you have a shop or “physical” activity.
Social networks have become an integral part of every online marketing strategy today. A study concluded that 52% of internet users are active on at least two social platforms.
Social networks offer the opportunity to share and promote the content of the website, which emphasizes the importance of using the preferred platforms of current or potential customers, instead of spending time and energy on platforms that do not coincide with the ‘activity or with the users who follow you.
Here are some useful tips to optimize your marketing strategy via social networks:
– If you have not yet created a strategy for social networks, the time to create it is now. If, on the other hand, you already have a strategy for social media, then try to analyze the work is done and the results achieved to see if it is necessary to make changes or improvements. Since the trends on social networks are constantly updated, the same thing must also happen concerning your marketing strategy.
– Include videos too. To complete your online marketing strategy, you can consider investing in the production of some professional videos and share them on Youtube, the second most used search engine, after Google. Having a good presence on Youtube means being able to reach many customers who are more likely to watch a video than to read an article.
Show your products, explain their benefits and also include testimonials from satisfied customers. Below the videos, in the description section, you can include the link to the site and the profiles on the other social networks.
Use social networks to collect customer feedback
Don’t just focus on publishing content, instead try to use social networks to answer customer questions or requests. This is very useful to demonstrate that your business is concerned with interacting with its customers.
The business blog, Facebook or Twitter page etc. they are an excellent alternative from which to derive questions, requests or new ideas from users. What is more, online content, articles and videos on Youtube are indexed by search engines which helps a lot when it comes to increasing your online presence and SERP position.
Some research and studies have shown that 1.3 million Android devices are activated every day and that people control their mobile phone and apps, about 150 times a day.
This shows that an online marketing strategy is not an option but a must if you want to be successful online. Even if you have developed a very interesting website and the content is easy to find, it is also necessary that the site is optimized for the different devices used by users, be they cell phones, computers, tablets or other.
If you create a site with responsive design – sites that can automatically adapt to the device from which they are displayed – you can also avoid the expenses that would be needed to build another mobile-friendly site.
For responsive design make sure to:
-Verify site navigation from every available device and operating system; iOS, Android, OS X and Windows.
-Choose optimized themes and images for each device.
-If you think that a mobile application can improve the user experience then it is worth investing also in the development of a mobile app.
The data provided by the analytics tools are necessary to evaluate the progress and results of an online marketing strategy, although sometimes it is very difficult to understand which elements need to be analyzed. The first elements to consider are the number of views, the click-through rate, the conversion rate, the most visited pages and the bounce rate.
If you have not yet chosen the way or the means to be used to analyze your site, you can choose between:
For social media pages you can choose between:
-Facebook Page Insights
For the e-mail marketing campaign you can choose between:
Creating a good marketing strategy takes some time, but it is very efficient for finding and retaining customers online.